The Strategic Sourcing Cycle
Strategic Sourcing Cycle provides the essential foundation for Procurement and Supply Chain professionals. Structured around a 6-step procurement model participants will improve their understanding of the phases in the procurement process and their impact on it.
Who should attend the course?
This expert-led Procurement course is designed for anyone who works with or has responsibility for Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain or buying and wants to learn and develop the principles of good procurement.
People who benefit most are:
- Procurement Professional Purchasing Manager Category Analyst Category Manager Procurement Officer
- Procurement Manager Head of Procurement Sourcing Manager Sourcing Assistant Supplier Manager
- Supply Chain Professional Supply Chain Officer Buyer Recent Graduate Accountant
- Business Professional Business Owner
Driving bottom-line savings continues to top the wish list of all organisations yet the decision path to get there often does rely on sketchy data and information.
This Procurement course will focus on explaining the full strategic sourcing cycle and how it is important to start with your own baseline review. Procurement’s objective is to better manage indirect spend, reduce costs, control compliance, collaborate better with suppliers, and deliver value beyond your expectations. This can only be achieved through a close-loop strategic sourcing cycle.
- Spend Analysis
- Category process as part of the overall budgeting
- Sourcing and Tendering
- Contract Management -The basics of any contract, SLA’s, and KPIs
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Procurement KPI & Value Metrics & Reporting
You will learn the principles and benefits of:
- Determining customer Needs and Gathering Relevant Data
- Category roadmaps aligned to the budget
- An e-tendering process
- The basics of any contract, SLA’s, and KPIs
- The extended value chain enterprise
- How to report KPI progress and success
- The course provides a free QCC assessment. This unique skills test gives insights to your strengths and weaknesses
When and where is the course held?
|Thursday||11 January||Strategic sourcing cycle||Cork|
|Wednesday||17 January||Strategic sourcing cycle||Dublin|
What is the price of the course?
Duration: 1 day
Course time: 9:00PM -5:00pm
Meet your lecturers:
Ingrid De Doncker, CEO iDDea, professional trainer and guest speaker
Over the last 20 years, Ingrid developed her expertise across telecoms, manufacturing and FMCG in public and private sectors. She takes pride in sharing what she has learned and is passionate about helping people to build long-term sustainable sourcing strategies. For her, every day is about doing the right thing and doing it right.
Caroline Walsh, Procurement Specialist and lecturer
Caroline’s multi-disciplinary approach stems from her experiencein sales, marketing, account management, supply chain and procurement functions across Telecoms, Manufacturing, BPO, Utilities and FMCG. For over 10 years, Caroline has applied her expertise to bring about change for the better for each of the projects she has guided and looks forward to more to come.
Norah Cronin, Procurement Specialist and Lecturer
With CIPS certifications and a BA in Human Resource Management, Norah began her professional over 10 years ago. Through procurement strategies, including a combination of bill analysis, mobile device policies and expert contract management, Norah was able to give her clients double digit savings. Her focus now is leading the Procurement Training Academy.